Your membership committee should create a membership packet and marketing plan. In these tools, incorporate messaging that will most appeal to students, families, community members, teachers, etc.
A membership packet may include:
- Brief letter from President explaining your mission focus for the year
- A list of PTA accomplishments and/or goals for the year
- Membership form or online link
- Membership options
- PTA calendar of events, programs or activities
- Photos or graphics to help sell PTA via social media
- Member benefits (local, state or national benefits to PTA members)
Don't forget to translate this information into languages other than English spoken by families in your community. Also consider options for delivery, such as printed or emailed with links and attachments.
Develop a timeline for distributing these resources and communicating messages about membership to recruit parents, students, school staff and community members to join PTA or renew membership. The plan is something every PTA Board Member can help to implement.
See Sample Membership Form.