Some examples of fun, engaging PTA fundraising events:
There are numerous for-profit fundraising companies that can help a PTA execute such an activity in exchange for shared revenue. These types of activities are healthy options and also eliminate the need for PTAs to manage inventory (i.e., products) which reduces the burden on PTA volunteers.
Eat It Up
Invite chefs from local restaurants to host healthy cooking classes for families for a small fee. Create and sell a healthy cookbook, created from recipes submitted by your PTA members and local food service providers. Sell healthy treats at a PTA booth at other school events.
Consider the ways the event will help you raise money
A mix of fundraising tactics can help you raise money at an event, including:
- Silent auctions with in-kind gifts or services
- Ticket sales
- Food sales
- Special activities (i.e., pony rides, crazy hair booth, face painting)
- Vendor tables (i.e., craft, jewelry or clothing entrepreneurs)
- Membership table
- Advertising opportunities in event program
Assess your facility
In choosing where to host your event, consider the following:
- Are there special requirements or restrictions for using the facility?
- Are fire laws and safety precautions strictly observed?
- Is the facility (including entrances, meeting rooms and restrooms) accessible to people with disabilities?
- Do you need any additional insurance?