Social media is now an integral part of our day-to-day lives. It has also helped National PTA create memorable moments and awesome social media campaigns (pun intended). Let’s look back in 2014 and see some of our social media favorites!
- Reflections Art Program — We kicked off 2014 strong with National PTA’s oldest and most recognized program getting the most viewed YouTube video and most read blog of the year! Reflections students presented their artistic interpretations for the theme “Believe, Dream, Inspire” at the U.S. Department of Education Jan. 14.
- 41,285 Likes — We recently reached more than 41,000 Likes on Facebook, which is a huge milestone! Our increase rate jumped 25.5%, the highest it’s ever been!
- Teacher Appreciation Week — 2014 PTA Teacher Appreciation WeekSM was a huge hit. The Facebook cover photo was shared 343 times with 239 Likes—naming it the “National PTA Cover Photo of the Year!” Another fun fact: National PTA’s Instagram account was born on May 5. The first 10 pics, of course, were dedicated to #TeacherAppreciation.
- Tips for Teachers on Family Engagement — Did we mention that we’re on Pinterest too? This is a cool tool for businesses and nonprofit associations such as National PTA. Our most pinned item happened to be this. Looking for more visually fun photos, ideas, tips and educational resources? Follow us and pin away!
- Flu shots anyone? — National PTA has always been an advocate for ensuring a healthy lifestyle at school and home. According to Twitter, this is the most Retweeted tweet of the year. #GetAFluVax today!
A lot of great things happened this year on social media and we look forward to more Twitter chats, contests and videos next year. What were some notable social media moments that you remember from National PTA’s platforms? Share your special PTA moments on your profiles.
Catherine Llamido is the digital communications specialist at National PTA.