Join the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) in promoting its premier child safety education campaign, Take 25. The Campaign encourages parents and guardians, educators, law-enforcement officers, and other trusted adults to take 25 minutes to talk to children about safety. NCMEC developed the Campaign seven years ago to spread awareness of the issues surrounding missing children beyond May 25th, National Missing Children’s Day. The Campaign, which spans from April 1 through June 15, encourages local organizations around the country to host safety events and distribute resources to promote adults having safety conversations with children.
How can YOU get involved in the Take 25 Campaign?
- Host a child safety event at your child’s school to encourage conversations about these important safety issues
- Distribute free literature at an event (i.e. a 5K run or safety fair) being hosted in your community
- Deliver the Take 25 parent presentation during a local PTA meeting
- Pledge to take 25 minutes to talk to your children about safety and participate in the Hours Challenge
- Follow @iTake25 on Twitter and Instagram and “like us” on Facebook
- Sign up for the Take 25 e-newsletter
If you need additional information about how to get involved, please visit www.Take25.org or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.