National PTA’s Take Your Family to School Week will be from Feb. 16-20, 2015. In celebration of PTA’s Founder’s Day, this year’s theme will be Supporting Student Success, focusing on family engagement solutions that are proven to help prevent the risks associated with high school dropout rates.
PTA’s Take Your Family to School Week is a great time to:
- Increase family engagement in education by showing families interactive ways to support student achievement in reading and math. Host a PTA Family Reading Experience, math event or workshop for parents on the ways to support student success.
- Increase student access to arts education, which is proven to increase attendance rates, family engagement, and social connectedness to school. Host a Reflections celebration or a creative career fair event.
- Build safer, more supportive school climates full of healthy student relationships, through bullying prevention and cultural awareness activities.
National PTA’s Take Your Family to School Week Kit has all the tools needed to get started. For the first time this year, National PTA will ship a PTA Take Your Family to School Week Toolkit to:
All kit and grant recipients must be in good-standing with their State PTA and be a 501(c)(3) organization. Below are the steps to take advantage of this opportunity:
- View the sign up and grant application form to prepare for your online submission.
- Visit PTA.org/TYFTSW to see the 2014 toolkit and consider the type(s) of event(s) you will host. We have tools for events focused on family engagement, literacy, math, bullying prevention, Reflections celebration, career fair, or celebrating many cultures.
- Complete event sign-up form by Monday, November 3 to be considered for the kit shipment.
- Click “YES!” to answering a few more questions on the event sign-up form and apply for a $1,000 grant. Grant application deadline is Monday, November 3, 2014. Applicants that do not receive a grant but were among the first 150 sign-ups will receive the free kit.
- Celebrate Take Your Family to School Week with hundreds of other PTAs across the country February 16-20, 2015 and be featured on National PTA’s interactive map and in promotion tools.
All PTAs are encouraged to celebrate Take Your Family to School Week! National PTA will promote a master list of events and interactive map available at PTA.org/TYFTSW.
Thanks to Our Sponsor
The AXA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of AXA US, is the proud sponsor of PTA’s Take Your Family to School Week. Its signature program, AXA Achievementsm, helps students and parents take the next step toward college. The AXA Foundation has been a proud National PTA spo