What funding opportunities are available this year?
National PTA offers funding for PTAs to host PTA programs for families in the areas of digital safety, STEM, literacy, healthy lifestyles and the arts. National PTA programs help engage, educate and inspire students and families. While the cost of the program is free, the funding helps to cover the costs of custodial services, food, transportation and translation services to ensure all families can participate.
Here’s what's offered this year:
Programs For All Ages
- PTA Healthy Minds, sponsored by the New York Life Foundation and The Allstate Foundation – 100 local PTAs will be awarded $2,500 in funding Learn more.
- PTA Connected: The Smart Talk, sponsored by Norton – 150 local PTAs will be awarded $1,000 in funding Learn more.
- Mary Lou Anderson Reflections Arts Enhancement, sponsored by the family of Mary Lou Anderson – 2 local PTAs will be awarded $1,000 in funding Learn more.
Programs For Elementary School
- STEM + Families Propelling Our World, sponsored by Huntington Ingalls Industries – 35 PTAs will each be awarded $1,000 in funding Learn more.
- STEM + Families Science Festival, sponsored by Bayer Fund – 25 local PTAs will be awarded $1,000 in funding and up to 3 District/Council/Region (DCR) PTAs will be awarded $5,000 in funding. These PTAs must serve K-5th grade within specific regions. Learn more.
Programs For Elementary or Middle School
- PTA Connected Be Internet Awesome, Sponsored by Google + YouTube – 50 local PTAs will be awarded $1,000. Learn more.
- Family Reading Experience Grant, Sponsored by Office Depot OfficeMax – 35 local PTAs will be awarded $1,000. Learn more.
Programs For Middle or High School
- Tobacco Prevention Campaign, sponsored by The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids – 15 PTAs/PTSAs that serve 6th-12th will be awarded $1,000. Learn more.
Programs For High School
- PTA Connected Create with Kindness Grant, Sponsored by TikTok – 40 local high school PTAs/PTSAs will be awarded $1,000. Learn more.
- PTA Connected + Discord, Sponsored by Discord – 30 local high school PTAs will be awarded $1,000. Learn more.
Why should we apply?
We’ve heard from PTAs across the country that your programs lead to new connections with local partners, attract new members and bring people together for learning and fun. Collectively, this can add up to a big difference in tackling tough challenges facing your schools, youth and communities. Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
What can this funding be used for?
Programs are free, but you may face implementation costs such as custodial services, food, transportation and translation services. Our funding is flexible so you can decide how to meet your needs and make your program a success.
Who can request this funding?
All PTAs in good standing are welcome. Funding has helped our member PTAs of every size, in every state, representing students and families of diverse backgrounds—including many Title I schools and PTAs that have never received this funding. However, some of these opportunities have eligibility requirements (like grade or location). Please visit PTA.org/Grants for specific eligibility requirements.
How can we be considered for this funding?
It’s quick and easy to express interest. Answer just a few questions that should take no more than an hour, and your PTA could receive as much as $2,500. There’s no need for any special writing or technical skills to apply. We want to hear your PTA story and how the funding could make a positive impact on your school community. Learn more at PTA.org/Grants.
When is the deadline?
Apply for funding by Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT.