The application process for 2018 Jan Harp Domene Diversity and Inclusion Award has closed.
This award recognizes PTAs that best demonstrate outstanding achievement in the areas of diversity and inclusion, as well as efforts to end discriminatory practices.
The award will be presented to one state PTA, one district/council/region PTA and one local PTA at the 2018 Annual National PTA Convention and Expo, June 21 – 24, 2018 in New Orleans, LA.
Winners Will Receive:
- $1,000 cash award
- 1 Plaque/Trophy
- Honored at the D&I Breakfast at the National PTA Convention
- Honored at the Awards Program at the National PTA Convention
- 2 tickets to the Diversity & Inclusion Breakfast at National PTA Convention
- 2 tickets to the Awards Dinner at National PTA Convention (1 person recognized on stage and individuals must be the same as those attending the breakfast)
- Potential opportunity to be a speaker at the Diversity & Inclusion Breakfast
- Certificates for PTA members named in the application
2018 applicants were:
- PTAs with proven efforts in welcoming diverse members of their community.
- PTAs who have effectively hosted multicultural events to engage diverse communities.
- PTAs that have been able to recognize and address issues regarding bias, prejudice and misunderstanding to promote diversity and inclusion.
- PTAs who have effectively partnered with community organizations to increase brand awareness of PTA in their community including underrepresented groups.
- PTAs who have made meaningful connections with key members of the community to impact membership and volunteerism.
- PTAs who have increased the diversity of their board.
- PTAs who have had success in diversifying their membership.
- PTAs interested in continuing to grow their initiatives and efforts to expand their outreach.
2018 Instructions - Requirement - Preview:
- The application process has now ended. You may refer to the application if you are interested in applying for the 2019 Jan Harp Domene Award and want to know what efforts your PTA should be doing.
Email Diversity@PTA.org or call (800) 307-4PTA (4782).