Watch this video from National PTA President Jim Accomando who will introduce you to Math Nights, including Mathnasium and their involvement in our STEM + Families initiative:
2019 STEM + Families Math Night Grant, Sponsored by Mathnasium
Apply now through Sept. 8 for a National PTA STEM + Families Math Night grant, sponsored by Mathnasium.
You could be one of 35 local PTAs to receive $1,000 to host a STEM + Families Math Night, plus a connection to your local Mathnasium franchise, who will help you run the event. This program is best suited for elementary school students (Pre-K through sixth-grade).
Grant Program Requirements
- Attend online trainings to learn how to host a Math Night
- Coordinate the planning and execution of the event with your local Mathnasium
- Host one Math Night in your school community between November 2019 and May 31, 2020
- Encourage event attendees to take a post-event online survey
- Complete a Program Leader Feedback Form within two weeks of your event
- Submit three pictures of your event to National PTA
- Use the communication tools provided in the toolkit to share your event story with your local community and National PTA
To be eligible, applicants must:
Your PTA can apply for as many grants as you’d like, but you can only receive one grant in each program area (PTA Connected, STEM + Families, Healthy Lifestyles or Family Reading Experience) per school year.
If you won a STEM + Families Math Night grant last year, you are NOT eligible to win one again this year.
National PTA is committed to promoting and encouraging many types of diversity and inclusion as part of our commitment to every child. In addition to evaluating the merits of each application, we may also consider geography, need and other criteria to ensure a robust and diverse pool of grantees.
How Can My PTA Host a Math Night?
Team up with your local Mathnasium center! Mathnasium is dedicated to bringing fun and exciting Math Nights to elementary schools nationwide. Even if you are not awarded one of the national grants, your local Mathnasium is happy to work with you to put on a Math Night at your school.
Are you interested? If so, find and contact your local Mathnasium using this Mathnasium location search. When reaching out, be sure to discuss:
- Prizes or food – Who will bring prizes? Food? What type?
- Volunteers – How many volunteers can you supply? How many volunteers can Mathnasium bring? What is the process for getting school clearance?
- Press or media – Will any newspapers attend? How can your PTA and Mathnasium work together to get the word out?
- Time and date – What dates work best for Mathnasium? What dates work with your PTA and school calendar?
Your PTA will be in charge of providing the space, promoting the night, and coordinating with the local Mathnasium. Check out this toolkit for free tools, resources and templates to host a successful Math Night.
35 local PTAs were awarded $1,000 to host a STEM + Families Math Night at their elementary school between Oct. 1, 2018 and Jan. 31, 2019 as part of the 2018 National PTA STEM + Families Math Grant, sponsored by Mathnasium.
Didn't win the grant or missed applying? Don't worry! You don't need to be awarded a grant to host a Math Night. Watch the above video to see how your PTA can host a successful Math Night and start planning one now!
Want to learn more about Mathnasium? Check out the Mathnasium YouTube Channel.
National PTA does not endorse any commercial entity, product, or service. No endorsement of Mathnasium is implied.
Email Programs@PTA.org or call (800) 307-4782.