2018 Reflections Winners
Upcoming National Awards
2019 National Winners
The 2018-2019 national winners will be announced May 1, 2019. Honorees will be celebrated at the at the National PTA Convention, June 2019.
National PTA Reflections Student Arts Showcase and Exhibit
All winning works were debuted January 22, 2019 at the U.S. Department of Education in Washington, DC. Watch the live stream of the event here:
Arts Award Categories
Theme Search and Reflections Contests
Annual Theme Search Contest
Students can participate in the annual Theme Search Contest according to State PTA Reflections Program guidelines. Every year, one winning student's theme is selected and awarded $100 and recognition in National PTA's awards celebration program booklet.
Look Within is the winning theme for the 2019-2020 program year, submitted by Enashele Campbell, a Kindergartner from H. Guy Child Elementary PTA in Ogden, UT!
Congratulations to the winner of our 2020-2021 annual Theme Search Contest, Rylee Stier, a 1st Grader from Burney Elementary School in Burney, California. The 2020-2021 Reflections theme will be I Matter Because... Congratulations again to Rylee and California State PTA!
Reflections Contest Details
Title and Artist Statement
Judges will consider your title and artist statement to learn more about your original work and creative interpretation of the theme. Give your work a title that stands out and describe how your work relates to your own personal interpretation of the theme.
Use these guiding questions to help you write an artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
Judges look for personal interpretations on the program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Scholarships and Prizes
National level awards include the following:
- Merit Award: Bronze Medal; Certificate of Merit; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Award of Excellence: $200 Young Artist Scholarship; Silver Medal; Certificate of Excellence; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Outstanding Interpretation Award: An expense-paid trip for awardee and chaperone to showcase work on stage at the National PTA Awards and Reflections Celebration; $800 Young Artist Scholarship; Gold Medal; Certificate of Outstanding Interpretation; Work featured in the traveling exhibition; $200 Prize for Local PTA Unit.
Visit your State PTA Reflections program for available state level awards and recognition opportunities.
Proud Sponsors of National PTA’s Reflections Program