ArtsEd Grant Opportunity
Mary Lou Anderson ArtsEd Grant
The Mary Lou Anderson Reflections Arts Enhancement Grant is open – apply now!
For 50 years, the National PTA Reflections arts program has furthered the goals of the program founder, Mary Lou Anderson. Mary Lou Anderson believed in the power and importance of the arts and dreamed that Reflections would leave a lasting impact on children across the country – and it has! Reflections has helped millions of students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
National PTA is happy to continue Mary Lou Anderson’s vision of Reflections through the Mary Lou Anderson Reflections Arts Enhancement Grant. This grant opportunity provides local PTAs the opportunity to match grant dollars with that of school and community partners to accomplish innovative arts education projects.
In line with Mary Lou Anderson’s vision of access to the arts education, this grant opportunity places special emphasis on increasing access among at-risk and underserved students. It is National PTA’s hope that this grant opportunity will serve local PTAs that demonstrate a commitment to providing new pathways for students to participate in National PTA’s Reflections program and increasing at-risk student's access to high quality arts learning experiences.
A competitive application will demonstrate:
- A commitment to developing new pathways for participation in National PTA’s Reflections program and access to high quality arts learning experiences
- An understanding of school community needs and ways to develop an arts education program that will serve at-risk students
- Plans for raising matching grant funds and for utilizing grant funding for arts in education activities
Apply by 11:59 PST on Sunday, June 30, 2019.
- Applicant must be a PTA in good standing, as determined by the State PTA.
- Project must occur between August-November 2019.
- Description of $1,000 in grant-funded expenses for teacher and learning resources/supplies.
- Description of process to obtain $1,000 in matching contributions from school/community partner.
- Recipient must complete a post-project survey by December 16, 2019.
Consider this EXAMPLE
application as you prepare your own application for this grant opportunity.