Title and Artist Statement
Judges will consider your title and artist statement to learn more about your original work and creative interpretation of the theme. Give your work a title that stands out and describe how your work relates to your own personal interpretation of the theme.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
Scholarships and Prizes
National level awards include the following:
- Merit Award: Bronze Medal; Certificate of Merit; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Award of Excellence: $200 Young Artist Scholarship; Silver Medal; Certificate of Excellence; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Outstanding Interpretation Award: An expense-paid trip for awardee and chaperone to showcase work on stage at the National PTA Awards and Reflections Celebration; $800 Young Artist Scholarship; Gold Medal; Certificate of Outstanding Interpretation; Work featured in the traveling exhibition; $200 Prize for Local PTA Unit.
Judges look for personal interpretations on the program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Theme Search Contest
The search is on for a future National PTA Reflections theme! One exceptional theme will be chosen February 1, 2018 to inspire creativity for the 2019-2020 PTA Reflections program theme. The winner will receive $100 and recognition at the Annual National PTA Convention. Visit your state's Reflections program page for an entry form and deadline.
Congratulations to our past student winners:
2017 Hannah Crawley of J.A. Garcia Elementary PTA, TX. Hannah's theme Heroes Around Me will be featured as the 2018-2019 Reflections theme.
2016 Ben Berselli of Shady Grove PTA, VA. Ben’s theme Within Reach will be featured as the 2017-2018 Reflections theme.
- 2015 Brianna Eisman of Douglas Anderson PTSA, FL. Brianna’s theme What Is Your Story? will be featured as the 2016-2017 Reflections theme.
Proud Sponsors of National PTA’s Reflections Program