The 2017-2018 program theme is "Within Reach"
The 2018-2019 program theme is "Heroes Around Me"
The search is on for a future program theme. Visit your state program to participate in the Theme Search Contest.
Title and Artist Statement
Judges will consider your title and artist statement to learn more about your original work and creative interpretation of the theme. Give your work a title that stands out and describe how your work relates to your own personal interpretation of the theme.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
Scholarships and Prizes
National level awards include the following:
- Merit Award: Bronze Medal; Certificate of Merit; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Award of Excellence: $200 Young Artist Scholarship; Silver Medal; Certificate of Excellence; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Outstanding Interpretation Award: An expense-paid trip for awardee and chaperone to showcase work on stage at the National PTA Awards and Reflections Celebration; $800 Young Artist Scholarship; Gold Medal; Certificate of Outstanding Interpretation; Work featured in the traveling exhibition; $200 Prize for Local PTA Unit.
Judges look for personal interpretations on the program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Theme Search Contest
The search is on for a future National PTA Reflections theme! One exceptional theme will be chosen March 2018 to inspire creativity for the 2019-2020 PTA Reflections program theme. The winner will receive $100 and recognition at the Annual National PTA Convention. Visit your state's Reflections program page for an entry form and deadline.
Congratulations to our past student winners:
2017 Hannah Crawley of J.A. Garcia Elementary PTA, TX. Hannah's theme Heroes Around Me will be featured as the 2018-2019 Reflections theme.
2016 Ben Berselli of Shady Grove PTA, VA. Ben’s theme Within Reach will be featured as the 2017-2018 Reflections theme.
- 2015 Brianna Eisman of Douglas Anderson PTSA, FL. Brianna’s theme What Is Your Story? will be featured as the 2016-2017 Reflections theme.
Proud Sponsors of National PTA’s Reflections Program