Step 2: Promote Your Event
Your goal is to get as many families to participate in your event as possible by removing any barriers to participation (e.g. transportation, translation or interpretation). Use these customizable flyers and templates to promote your event for students, families and community members.
Step 3: Host Your Event
Plan time before and after the event to prepare and wrap up. Use the tools below to get organized and have a great time being active!
- Before the Event
- Make a welcome sign (in multiple languages if applicable) prior to the event.
- Gather all materials needed prior to the event
- Photo Release (en Español) - Have your participants complete these forms so your PTA and National PTA can share your event successes.
- Welcome and train your volunteers to host a successful event.
- During the Event
- Welcome families upon arrival, encourage them to sign in and join the PTA.
- Facilitate fun, interactive physical activities.
- Take plenty of pictures to share!
- After the Event
- Closing: Thank families for attending and volunteers for their amazing work!
Step 4: Wrap Up Your Event
Congratulations! Your event is over. Now is the time to celebrate your success in promoting healthy lifestyles and physical activity!
- Thank You Letter (en Español)- Use this sample template to thank your amazing volunteers and event supporters.
- Program Leader Feedback Form (en Español)- Tell us how your event went by completing this form and submitting it to Programs@PTA.org.
- Celebrate event success with your school community and National PTA with #PTAProud.
- Consider staying active with the Goya-Move app which is available for a 5-day free trial period.
Hold a debriefing session with your planning committee to discuss what went well and what you would do differently next year.
Commit to continuing to promote healthy lifestyles and physical activity in the future for the entire school community.
- Share your Physical Activity event details with National PTA in celebration of Healthy Lifestyles Month.
Email Programs@PTA.org or call (800) 307-4782.
National PTA does not endorse any commercial entity, product, or service. No endorsement of GOYA-Move is implied.