Celebrate Healthy Lifestyles
National PTA is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of families across the country because we know leading a healthy lifestyle is a key component to our students' success. Celebrate healthy lifestyles at school and at home during Healthy Lifestyles Month in November. Host an event for your families relating to activity, nutrition, or anything in between. You can also apply for grant funding through our Healthy Hydration Program with Nestlé Waters North America and Nestle® Pure Life® to add a boost of hydration to your healthy lifestyles event.
Make Drinking Water Fun
We all know getting children to drink water can sometimes be a struggle. So, we want to help make drinking water fun and easy for the whole family!
That’s why National PTA has teamed up with Nestlé Waters North America and Nestle® Pure Life® to help make drinking water easier for families.
Because we know that one good habit leads to another – 97% of moms believe that establishing healthy habits at an early age can have lifelong benefits!
Kids who drink water are more likely to...
- Make smart choices
- Be independent
- Want healthy foods.*
Healthy Hydration Program
We are excited to offer $1,000 grants to 25 local PTAs to host a Nestlé Waters Healthy Hydration Program at their event during Healthy Lifestyles Month in November.
The Healthy Hydration Programs are sure to be fun for the whole family, with…
- Coolers filled with Nestlé Pure Life brand water bottles for children to grab-and-go
- Information for parents on how to help ensure their child is staying hydrated
- A water infusion activity to help make drinking water fun
- A hands-on lesson about added sugars in beverages
- Recycling bins to encourage proper recycling
PTAs will also complete a yearlong assessment of their school’s food and beverage options so PTA leaders can advocate for healthy options in their school community.
2019 Healthy Hydration Grant, Sponsored by Nestlé Waters North America
Apply now through Sept. 8 for the 2019 Healthy Hydration Grant, sponsored by Nestlé Waters North America, together with its national brand Nestlé® Pure Life®.
You could be one of 25 local PTAs who receive $1,000 to host hands-on and engaging Healthy Hydration Programs during Healthy Lifestyles Month this year—November 2019. This program is great for PTAs of all grades, Pre-K through 12th-grade.
Grant Program Requirements
As a local PTA grantee, you will be required to:
- Attend online trainings to learn how to present and facilitate your Healthy Hydration program
- Host the Healthy Hydration Program in your school community during November 2019
- To qualify as a Healthy Hydration Program, your event must be a healthy lifestyles event with:
- An infused-water station
- A game to test attendees’ knowledge about the amount of sugar in popular household beverages
- Provide information on the benefits of drinking more water and recycling
- A complete, yearlong assessment of your school’s food and beverage options
- An agreement to participate in a school-wide challenge and/or promise, such as a “Drink Water Challenge” or "Healthy Lifestyles Promise”, demonstrating your school community’s commitment to living healthier lives
- Everything you need to host the Heathy Hydration Program will be provided in a toolkit, including promotional materials, Healthy Hydration Station lesson plans and materials, talking points, educational handouts and detailed checklists
- Encourage event attendees to take an online post-event survey
- Complete a Program Leader Feedback Form within two weeks of your event
- Submit three pictures of your event to National PTA
- Use the communication tools provided in the toolkit to share your event story with your local community and National PTA
To be eligible, applicants must:
Your PTA can apply for as many grants as you’d like, but you can only receive one grant in each program area (PTA Connected, STEM + Families, Healthy Lifestyles or Family Reading Experience) per school year.
National PTA is committed to promoting and encouraging many types of diversity and inclusion as part of our commitment to every child. In addition to evaluating the merits of each application, we may also consider geography, need and other criteria to ensure a robust and diverse pool of grantees.
*Nestlé Pure Life conducted an online survey in June 2015 of more than 1,000 moms of children 6-12 years old. More than 1,000 kids aged 6-12 years from the same household were also surveyed.
Host a Healthy Hydration Event
In celebration of Healthy Lifestyles Month, National PTA encourages you to use the tools below to host a healthy lifestyles event during the month of November. At your healthy lifestyles event, be sure to include the healthy hydration stations brought to you by Nestle Waters North America and Nestle Pure Life.