November is Healthy Lifestyles Month!
PTAs nationwide are encouraged to plan healthy student events and family activities throughout the month as a way to kick off their year-long commitment to creating healthy and safe places for kids to learn and thrive.
What will your PTA do to celebrate? Get creative! Make healthy living fun! Some ideas include:
1. Issue a student challenge each school day of the week
- Day 1: Drink 8 glasses of water!
- Day 2: Walk 10,000 steps today!
- Day 3: Eat a new vegetable today!
- Day 4: Eat a new fruit today!
- Day 5: Get 30 minutes of physical activity today!
2. Plan a healthy event for the whole family
- Healthy lifestyles expo or health fair
- Turkey trot
- Healthy cooking demonstration
- Clean up the playground
- Create a school garden
- Host a farmers market
3. Serve only healthy foods at PTA events.
4. Make every PTA fundraiser a healthy one.