This year, National PTA is supporting our nation’s public schools by participating in Public Schools Week March 25-29, 2019. As we get ready to celebrate our nation’s public schools, our students and the professionals who work each day to make every child’s potential a reality, we are asking all PTA members to help promote Public Schools Week by using this toolkit (also available en español), which provides suggestions to participate during the week and contains sample graphics and messaging you can use on social media. Visit the Learning First Alliance’s website to learn more about this year’s Public Schools Week.
The toolkit (also available en español) is designed to highlight Public Schools Week for use before and during the week of March 25-29, 2019. Please feel free to share throughout your networks and take a few minutes to promote public schools!
Here are a few things you can do to support Public Schools Week:
- Email your Member of Congress asking them to cosponsor the Public Schools Week Resolution.
- Write an op ed in your local paper. Use our templates to communicate to parents and community members or to advocate for public education with local or state lawmakers.
- Release a press statement in support of Public Schools week.
- Watch the Public Schools Week Webinar on Monday, March 25 at 8 p.m. ET and participate in a Twitter chat immediately following using #PublicSchoolProud and #PublicSchoolsWeek
- Post on social media using the sample posts in the toolkit about Public Schools Week.
- Share your #PublicSchoolProud stories at https://bit.ly/2WaWqEN and encourage other PTA members to do the same!
I hope you will join us in this important celebration of public schools!