National PTA, in partnership with the CDC Foundation, hosted a Back to Class Virtual Town Hall which featured:
- First Lady of the United States Dr. Jill Biden
- CDC Director Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky
- U.S. Secretary of Education Dr. Miguel Cardona
- American Academy of Pediatrics President Dr. Lee Ann Savio Beers
- American Psychological Association Chief Executive Officer Dr. Arthur C. Evans Jr.
- and other experts in family engagement, family-school partnerships, mental health and social emotional well-being.
The event was moderated by NBC Nightly News Sunday Anchor and Senior National Correspondent Kate Snow and was focused on addressing parents’ questions and concerns on how to help keep their children safe and in school this year, how to partner with teachers to address missed instruction this past year, and what they can do to support their children’s social emotional well-being.