There are several questions and concerns circulating regarding the appropriate precautionary measures around the coronavirus and the flu as news of these health threats continues to develop. Here’s what we can tell you:
LegCon is still on! We are still scheduled to have our conference March 10 - 12, 2020.
Get latest info from the CDC. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has provided some best practices and basic precautions for travel and prevention.
Using healthy habits is your best bet. Keep up the same good hygiene measures and other everyday precautions that you practice during cold and flu season.
- As you travel, use disinfecting wipes on all surfaces that you will touch.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Onsite at the Hotel. The Westin Alexandria Old Town will offer extra precautions for guests and conference attendees:
- There will be hand sanitizer available throughout the hotel.
- Bathrooms are regularly refreshed and cleaned with anti-virus cleaner, as recommended by OSHA.
- Guestrooms will be cleaned with anti-virus solution. However, as usual, if a guest has Do Not Disturb sign on their door, then housekeeping will not clean the room.
What?! No hugs, fist bumps or handshakes? We recommend that you refrain from hugging and shaking hands during the conference. Here are alternative ways to greet others:
- Simply say hello and wave
- Give an engaging oral greeting
- Put one hand over your heart and smile/nod at whomever you greet.
- Press your hands together, as in prayer, with a small bow of the head.
- Air kiss, air high-five and air fist bump—all the action and affection, but no contact.
If you decide not to attend LegCon, please contact Meetings@PTA.org.