Park View PTA, Surprise, AZ
My passion for PTA began when my daughter started kindergarten in 2009. I immediately noticed the benefits of playing an active role at her school and in her education. I became a member of the PTA that year and began promoting the mission and vision of PTA to any parent who would listen. Since that time I have expanded my affiliation from a member at my local unit, to President of the Arizona State PTA as well I was an active member of the National PTA Board. I truly believe in the vision and mission of PTA and intend to do all I can to see it prosper.
PTA Local Experience
LOCAL UNIT MEMBER | ORANGEWOOD PTA | 2009 -2011
MEMBERSHIP CHAIR | ORANGEWOOD PTA | 2012 - 2014
MALE ENGAGEMENT CHAIR | ORANGEWOOD PTA | 2015 - 2018
PTA State Experience
ARIZONA STATE PTA PRESIDENT 2019 – PRESENT
ARIZONA STATE PTA PRESIDENT ELECT 2017 - 2019
ARIZONA STATE PTA NCM REGIONAL DIRECTOR 2015 -2017
ARIZONA STATE PTA COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST 2013-2015
• Attended National PTA Male Engagement Conference as Arizona State PTA representative (2013)
• Arizona State PTA Convention Committee (2013 – Present)
• Logo designer for 6 Arizona PTA Conventions, tshirt designs for delegates at AZPTA Convention and tshirt design for 2016 -2019 National Convention AZPTA attendees
• Presented Male Engagement Workshop at AZPTA Convention (2013)
• Attended National PTA Convention in Columbus, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Orlando and Austin.
• Attended LIFETOUCH Mission in the Dominican Republic (2015)
• Appointed Translation Specialist
• Diversity Committee representative at National PTA Convention (2016)
• Attended National PTA Governance Retreat in Arlington, VA
• Diversity and Male Engagement workshop presenter at Arizona State PTA (2016)
COMMITTEE CHAIR | NATIONAL PTA | 2013 - 2019
• National PTA Male Engagement Committee Member
• National PTA Male Engagement Conference Presenter (Atlanta – 2014)
• National PTA Programs Committee (2015 – 2017)
• National PTA Programs Committee convention workshop presenter (2016)
• National PTA Membership Committee (2017 - 2019)
National PTA Membership Committee convention workshop presenter (2018,2019)
Owner of “I know A Guy Apparel’. It is a small business that specializes in custom jerseys and personalize apparel. Established in 2017.
Married for over 18 years and have a daughter of 16 years. Have been with my wife for over 26 years who happens to be my best friend as well. Nothing more important in life than family.
Have been involved in PTA for over 11 years. I am currently the State President for Arizona PTA which will conclude on June 30, 2021.
I have had the opportunity to serve in many roles in PTA from a local member, local leader, state member, state committee member, state regional director, national male engagement committee member, national family engagement committee member, national membership committee member, Life touch memory mission member, state president elect and state president.
My current services are keeping Arizona PTA going despite the pandemic. Keeping in touch and informing the community of current events that not only affect them but their children. Relaying information on social services that can help the community.
One of the proudest moments I have had was being a part of the march for RED FOR ED. Seeing so many PTA members from across the state and becoming the red sea for change in our states education system.
One of the first and biggest honors in PTA was being selected out of 1500 members at the national convention in Austin, TX and to take part in the Life Touch Memory mission. I got the opportunity to go to the Dominican Republic and help build not only a school but a community.
Arizona Lifetime Member award.