Rain Elementary PTSA, Jackson MS
Personal and Professional Information
- Education Advocacy-Experienced in educating stakeholders to promote positive outcomes for community members.
- Consumer Advocacy-Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to decrease social disparities in local communities.
- Community Relation-Proficient in establishing and acting as a catalyst to bring together strategic networks and partners to advance priorities within the community.
- Organization Skills- Skillful in prioritizing, multi-tasking, leading, directing, and solving concerns effectively.
- Communication Skills- Proficient in effectively communicating with internal and external clients and customers.
- Masters of Public Administration degree from Belhaven University
- Bachelor’s Degree from Jackson State University
- Associate Degree from Jones Junior College.
- Mother of three boys, De’Arras , Austin ,and Tyshawn
Current Service includes:
- Mississippi PTA Convention Chair, 2018
Previous service includes:
- Mississippi PTA Sandra McCall Scholarship Chair, 2014- 2018
- National PTA Convention Volunteer, 2017
- Kirksey Middle School , President, 2014-2016
- Kirksey Middle School, Vice President , 2013-2014
- North Jackson Elementary, Vice President, 2012-2013
- Spann Elementary, Vice President , 2011-2012
Current service includes:
- Andrew Jackson Boys’ Scout Troop 401 Volunteer, 2015-Present
- Mississippi Public Broadcasting (MPB) Radio Reader Volunteer, 2011
Previous Service includes:
- Jackson Public Teacher School Mini-Grant Sorer,2016
- Nissan/BankPlus Teacher Mini-Grant Reviewer, 2012-2014
- Parents for Public School- Safe Routes to School campaign, 2011
- Jackson State University Journalist of the Year, 2010
- Ronald McNair Scholar , 2010
- National Association of Broadcasters Scholar, 2008-2010
- Associated Press Student Award, 2008