Voting and Elections
National PTA Elections have concluded. There were no ties so there will be no run-off. Election results will be announced on Friday, August 7 at the National PTA Convention which begins at 2PM EDT.
Only members of the voting body, as defined by the National PTA Bylaws, may vote. See below for the Voting at National PTA Convention FAQ sheet to learn more about the voting body. If you wish to vote as a state PTA delegate, you must register for convention by midnight EDT, July 13, 2020.
Please note that resolutions will not be debated and voted on at this year's virtual convention.
- Test email sent by the online voting vendor to all who register by midnight EDT July 13 to verify email access.
- Note: The test email does NOT mean you have been chosen as a state PTA delegate. See the Voting at National PTA Convention FAQ sheet for more information.
July 31 - Midnight Eastern Daylight Time
- Deadline for state PTAs to submit their list of state delegates.
- Elections Open at 9 a.m. EDT for Member Representative Board of Directors and for Nominating and Leadership Recruitment Committee.
- All members of voting body (see Voting at National PTA Convention FAQ sheet) receive an email with online ballot instructions from the voting vendor.
- Elections close at 11 a.m. EDT.
- If a run-off is required, run-off election opens at 9 p.m. EDT and all members of the voting body receive an email with online ballot instructions from the voting vendor.
- If required, run-off election closes at 2 p.m. EDT.
- Election results and installation occur at the virtual National PTA Convention which begins at 2 p.m. EDT.
Eight Board of Directors Member Representatives are elected each year, and either two or three members of the Nominating and Leadership Recruitment Committee (NLRC) are elected each year based on a cycle defined in the National PTA Bylaws. National officers of the association are elected in odd-numbered years.
For more info about the governance, the elections process and bylaw/policy changes, read the National PTA Bylaws.
The National PTA Election Policy may also be referenced below.