We have created information and resources on the unique challenges urban families face and ways PTAs can better support Hispanic families in achieving student success. For more information about the Urban Child, visit our October Every Child in Focus webpage.
- Khan Academy: Free tutoring website with an extensive video library that includes interactive challenges, assessments, and videos.
- MALDEF Parent School Partnership Program: A 12-session program provides parents and community leaders with the tools to become more effective advocates in improving their children's educational attainment, schools, and community.
- National Center for Family Literacy: NCFL provides free literacy resources that parents can use with their children and online activities that families can use on their home computer.
- Polaris Project: Polaris Project is a leading organization in the global fight against human trafficking and modern-day slavery.
- Project Appleseed: A national campaign for public school improvement through parenting, learning at home, collaborating with community, volunteering, communication, and decision-making.
- WATCH D.O.G.S.: A father involvement initiative of the National Center for Fathering that organizes fathers and father figures in order to provide positive male role models for the students and to enhance school security.
About Every Child in Focus
National PTA’s Every Child in Focus is a campaign centered on strengthening family engagement in schools by celebrating important cultural distinctions and achievements, while highlighting solutions to potential educational issues.
Each month, National PTA will spotlight the educational issues surrounding a particular group, highlight their accomplishments and focus on ways to foster Family-School Partnerships. Follow our Every Child in Focus Calendar for materials to help families and PTAs learn more about each group.