National PTA and U.S. Department of Education to Honor Students through Arts Showcase
Event to feature music and dance performances and an exhibit of student artwork.
On Tuesday, Jan. 10, National PTA and the U.S. Department of Education will host a ceremony to recognize students from across the country for letting their imaginations fly through the arts. The event will feature music and dance performances and an exhibit of artwork by honorees of the 2015-2016 National PTA Reflections program, themed “Let Your Imagination Fly.” Deputy Assistant Secretary Dr. Monique M. Chism, Guitar Center Representative Krista Shue, National PTA President Laura Bay and National PTA Executive Director Nathan R. Monell will discuss the importance of advancing the arts in education.
11 a.m. – 12 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 10
U.S. Department of Education
LBJ Education Building
400 Maryland Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20202
- Monique M. Chism – Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Laura M. Bay – President, National PTA
- Nathan R. Monell, CAE – Executive Director, National PTA
- Teresa Williams – Chair, National PTA Programs Committee
- Krista Shue – Director of Lessons, Guitar Center
- 2015-2016 National PTA Reflections Student Honorees
- Arts and Education Leaders and Advocates from Across the Country
About National PTA
National PTA® comprises millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of parent involvement in schools. PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.