A conference on Judicial Concern for Children in Trouble was held in Chicago in 1968. Also, in 1968 the “S” was included in PTA, offically changing it to PTSA.
Administration theme: “Aspiring for One World.” — In 1966, the two associations began formal talks about unification.
In 1965 the membership soared to almost 12 million. In 1966, the organization registered the terms PTA and Parent-Teacher Association as service marks with the U.S. government. A bylaws revision was adopted in 1966 to increase the dues to ten cents
Administration theme: “Balanced PTA Programs: A Challenge.” The office was moved from Dover, Delaware to Atlanta, Georgia.
The official magazine name was changed to The PTA Magazine and in 1963 the first N.C.P.T. Magazine Week was held to promote the use of the official magazine. In 1961, the PTA commissioned a film – Where Children Come First – for general distribution as a means for disseminating the PTA story and values to the widest audience possible.
In 1958, N.C.P.T. added its 52nd branch – the European Congress of American Parents, Teachers, and Students. Membership reached 11,926,552 in 1960.
President of the Georgia Congress of Colored Parents and Teachers, 1946-1952, Kight joined NPTA president Karla Parker at the White House Conference on Children and Youth. This was the golden anniversary of the White House Conference, which had started during the Taft administration to help keep children’s concerns high on the national agenda.