The Resource Development intern will get hands-on experience in most aspects of fundraising and resource development. These may include grants, individual donor activities and the corporate sector. The intern will provide support to the Resource Development department. This internship position is based in Alexandria, Va., about one mile from Braddock Road Metro stop in North Old Town. Free parking is available. National PTA will provide a $500 travel stipend.
- Researching/drafting grant proposals and funding concept papers
- Research and draft discovery memos for potential corporate sponsorships
- Drafting donor correspondence and solicitations
- Coordinating donor acknowledgement program
- Individual Giving best practice research
- Participate in advertising calls and provide support on contract implementation
- Convention support
- Research potential exhibitors
- Seating arrangement for dinner
- Sponsorship briefing for Board Members
- National Governance Retreat Donor table prep
- Collaboration with other departments in cross-channel campaign promotions
- Production assistance for donor stewardship, cultivation & fulfillment needs
- Telemarketing research and conducting tests
Required Experience,Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualified candidates must possess strong Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, research and writing skills. Marketing and/or fundraising knowledge a plus but not required. Interest in non-profit development.
- National PTA agrees to complete any paperwork necessary for academic credit
- Undergraduate student majoring in political science, public policy, research or nonprofit management.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resource Development” in the subject line. EOE. No phone calls, please. For info about National PTA, visit PTA.org.