What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association
is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- . There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- . The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- . PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- . By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- . PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- . By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- . By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- . Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTA member, joining more than 4 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
Find a Local PTA
There are more than 20,000 PTA units across the country, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Europe, and Puerto Rico. Contact your State PTA to find a local unit near you. Contact National PTA® at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800)307-4782 for more information.
The PTA’s nationwide network provides parents with the forum and tools to collectively influence the decisions that affect children not only at their schools, but also throughout their districts, within their states, and across the nation. This mission is unique to the PTA.
The incredible values offered to members of PTA from a range of generous providers.
The latest U.S. News & World Report ranking of America's best high schools shows that six of the top 10 are PTA schools.