Who are PTA/PTSA’s student leaders?
Students who are committed to improving their school.
Does that sound like YOU? If the answer is yes, then join your PTA/PTSA.
Why should I join PTA/PTSA?
PTA/PTSA membership gets you a seat at the table with school decision-makers:
- School leaders
- Community members
At all levels, but especially the secondary grade level – student voices must inform that conversation as equal members with an equal vote. That’s why you should add PTA/PTSA to your student leadership resume. You will gain experience in leadership, advocacy, public speaking, teamwork, event planning – all while improving your school.
In many places, PTA/PTSA student leaders earn community service hours for their contributions to the organization. Find out if that is possible through your PTA/PTSA.
How do I join?
It’s easy! Here are the steps:
- Contact your PTA/PTSA President or Board to share why you want to help support student success and how you would engage your peers in improving your school.
- Ask what your PTA/PTSA is planning for the year and decide with other PTA/PTSA leaders where student perspectives and leadership are important. Help to survey students and make recommendations to inform key decisions.
- Get connected to other PTA/PTSA student leaders nationwide through our #PTSAProud Network.
- Share your success! We want to spotlight your efforts as part of our #PTSAProud student leader movement. Email how you’ve engaged other students to improve your school at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does National PTA support PTA/PTSA student leaders?
In the months ahead, the National PTA and its Youth Involvement Committee will roll out a number of strategies to support your efforts.
When you join the #PTSAProud Network, you will be the first to learn about:
- Recruitment tools to engage new PTA/PTSA student leaders
- Leadership events, such as PTA/PTSA Youth Summits across the country
- Programs for PTA/PTSA student leaders, such as Connect for Respect
- Advocacy alerts on issues that affect your education – now, and in the future
- #PTSAProud Spotlights of PTA/PTSA student leaders from across the country
So do it – join the #PTSAProud Network today!
For more information about student leadership in PTA and PTSA, please contact email@example.com.