Call for Self-Nominations
National PTA Bylaws allow members to self-nominate to run for office. Self-Nominations must be received by April 1, 2019 in order for a member to run for office at the National PTA Convention & Expo, June 20-23, 2019 in Columbus, Ohio. Self-nominees must fill out an online form, provide contact information, and acknowledge the commitment necessary to hold National PTA office.
The following positions will be elected at the 2019 National PTA Convention and Expo:
- President-Elect, National PTA (2-year term) *
- Secretary-Treasurer, National PTA (2-year term) *
- Vice-President of Advocacy, National PTA (2-year term) *
- Vice-President of Membership, National PTA (2-year term) *
- Member Representative, National PTA Board of Directors (8 positions open, 2-year term) **
- Member, Nominating and Leadership Recruitment Committee (3 positions open, 3-year term) ***
* Self-nominees for officer positions must have served on the National PTA Board of Directors for at least one full term to be eligible. A current state constituent association president may not serve simultaneously as an officer of National PTA, but may retain the state presidency until the time at which they are elected as a National PTA officer.
** National PTA Bylaws do not allow two members from the same state to hold this position. Therefore, no PTA member from Europe, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas or West Virginia is eligible to run for this position in 2019.
*** National PTA Bylaws do not allow two members from the same state to hold this position. Therefore, no PTA member from Florida, Georgia, New Mexico or Virginia is eligible to run for this position in 2019.
For more info about elections and campaigning, contact the Elections Committee.