Choose an Arts Category
This is your chance to express who you are as an individual through one or more of the following:
Reflect on the theme: Within Reach and get creative!
Follow program rules provided by your state PTA and consider the following criteria. For inspiration, visit our national award-winning Art Gallery.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Submit Your Entry
Follow your school's PTA deadlines and instructions on how to enter. Guidelines and forms are available by your state PTA.
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
Win Awards and Prizes!
Be considered for local, regional, state and national level awards and prizes. Learn more about state-level and national-level awards and events.
Enter the Theme Search Contest
The search is on for a future National PTA Reflections theme!
One exceptional theme will be chosen on February 1, 2018 to inspire creativity for the 2019-2020 PTA Reflections program theme. The winner will receive $100 and recognition at the Annual National PTA Convention.
Visit your state's Reflections program page for an entry form and deadline.
Congratulations to our past student winners:
2017 Hannah Crawley of J.A. Garcia Elementary PTA, TX. Hannah's theme Heroes Around Me will be featured as the 2018-2019 Reflections theme.
2016 Ben Berselli of Shady Grove PTA, VA. Ben’s theme Within Reach will be featured as the 2017-2018 Reflections theme.
- 2015 Brianna Eisman of Douglas Anderson PTSA, FL. Brianna’s theme What Is Your Story? will be featured as the 2016-2017 Reflections theme.
The 2017-2018 Theme Search is brought to you with generous support by:
Proud Sponsors of National PTA’s Reflections Program