PTA Teacher Appreciation Week
Teachers are real life superheroes. They educate, innovate, encourage and support. Every day they touch the lives of millions of children and their work and impact extends far beyond the boundaries of the classroom.
Take the time to celebrate these real life superheroes during PTA Teacher Appreciation Week, May 2-6, 2016.
How You Can Show Appreciation
Take the time to celebrate these real life superheroes this week! Check out these ideas on how you can thank the super teachers in your lives:
To help you plan for the week, we’ve created a Promotional Event Toolkit with ideas and resources you can use to honor teachers. Here's how you can get involved:
- Check out our event toolkit to download E-cards, thank you certificates, print color flyers and more!
- Find out what teacher superhero power you have in our Facebook quiz and share it, too.
- On Thursday, upload a #TBT of you and your favorite teacher and thank them using the official hashtag #ThankATeacher.
- Don't miss a blog post about teacher appreciation and more on the One Voice blog and PTAOurChildren.org.
- Watch our new #ThankATeacher videos this week on YouTube. Hope you enjoy them!
About Teacher Appreciation WeekSM
Since 1984, National PTA has designated the first week in May as a special time to honor the men and women who lend their passion and skills to educating our children.
PTA events at the national, state and local levels celebrate the outstanding contributions teachers make. We are also proud to recognize teachers and administrators with awards and grants.
National PTA also serves on the selection committees for the National Teacher of the Year Program.