Jan Harp Domene Diversity and Inclusion Award
National PTA is now accepting applications for the 2017 Jan Harp Domene Diversity and Inclusion Award. This award recognizes PTAs that best demonstrate outstanding achievement in the areas of diversity and inclusion, as well as efforts to end discriminatory practices.
The award will be presented to one state PTA, one district/council PTA and one local PTA at the Annual National PTA Convention, June 22-25, 2017, in Las Vegas.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Nominations may be submitted by a:
- Local PTA unit in good standing as defined by the state in which they are chartered
- Council or District PTA unit in good standing as defined by the state in which they are chartered
- State PTA in good standing as defined in the National PTA Standards of Affiliation
- The diversity and inclusion efforts described in the application must have taken place within the last calendar year.
- Each application must include all required items and meet any applicable restrictions in order to be considered.
- Current demographic information for the school, community and/or geographic location supported by the submitting PTA (separate document submitted with the application, two pages maximum), including total number of youth and children served
- Narrative for each of the five questions listed (maximum of 500 words per response)
- At least one (maximum of three) supplemental document(s) supporting the examples given in the narrative responses
- Review the FAQs about the Jan Harp Domene Award before submitting an application.
Email supplemental document(s) to Diversity@PTA.org.
Ready to Apply?
Once you have gathered all of the components, submit your application online by Friday, March 17, 2017, 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST. Remember to save your narrative document for your records.