PTA Teacher Appreciation Week
Teachers play a key role in student success and sometimes a simple “thanks” is all a teacher needs to feel valued. Take the time to celebrate your students’ teachers during 2015 PTA Teacher Appreciation WeekSM May 4-8.
How You Can Show Appreciation
The decision to teach often comes with low-to-moderate pay and around-the-clock hours. Support from families can ease the difficult work teachers do.
PTA Teacher Appreciation Week is the perfect time to personally thank your students’ teachers for their sacrifices and support for children throughout the year.
While appreciation alone will not reduce the challenges teachers face, it will let them know their efforts are not going unnoticed.
Here’s how you can honor teachers:
- Write letters and cards of appreciation to your students’ teachers throughout the week and ask you students’ teachers how you can support them throughout the year.
- Show your support for the tremendous work teachers do by volunteering in your students’ classrooms.
- Nominate your students’ teachers for local and national awards.
- Tell us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram how you plan to appreciate your students’ teachers using the hashtag #ThankATeacher.
- Follow the new PTA Pinterest boards for more teacher appreciation ideas.
- Follow the new PTA Instagram account to share how you #ThankATeacher.
Since 1984, National PTA has designated the first week in May as a special time to honor the men and women who lend their passion and skills to educating our children. PTA events at the national, state and local levels celebrate the outstanding contributions teachers make.
Additionally, National PTA is proud to recognize teachers and administrators with awards and grants. Whether you want to support your school's activities during November's PTA Healthy LifestylesSM Month with a grant or you want to honor a fellow colleague with National PTA Life Achievement Award, PTA offers a variety of ways to recognize teachers. Learn more about these opportunities here.