Maintaining student’s health requires a variety of strategies, including:
- A nutritious diet
- Plenty of physical activity
- Strong mental health and emotional support
- Strategies to combat threats such as hunger, substance abuse and chronic conditions
Healthy students are absent less often, experience fewer behavior problems and have an easier time learning while at school.
What You Can Do
National PTA Resources
- Healthy Habits Program: National PTA, National Education Association (NEA), and LYSOL have partnered to educate students and families about health and hygiene both in the classroom and at home.
- Safe and Healthy Kids and Teens (CDC): Helps parents guide their kids in making choices that will lead to healthier lives.