Awards & Grants
Throughout the year, National PTA offers awards or grants to honor or support PTAs as they: engage families, support student success, improve the health and safety of students and families, increase access to arts education or celebrate advocacy and diversity.
New Toolkit and $1,000 Grant for Take Your Family to School Week — February 16-20, 2015
National PTA's Take Your Family to School Week—February 16-20, 2015—will focus on the theme Supporting Student Success to promote family engagement solutions that are proven to help prevent the risks associated with high school dropout.
National PTA will send a new PTA Take Your Family to School Week Kit to a total of 200 PTAs including:
- The first 150 PTAs that sign up to host an event and
- 50 PTAs that receive a $1,000 grant for hosting at least two events
The AXA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of AXA US, is the proud sponsor of PTA's Take Your Family to School Week. Its signature program, AXA Achievement, helps students and parents take the next step toward college. The AXA Foundation has been a proud National PTA sponsor since 2005.
Sign up for a FREE Take Your Family to School Week Kit and apply for a $1,000 grant today!
1. View the sign up and grant application form to prepare your online submission.
2. Visit PTA.org/TYFTSW to see the 2014 toolkit and consider the type(s) of events(s) you will host.
3. Register for and attend an informational webinar* on:
4. Complete event sign-up form by Monday, November 3 to be considered for the kit shipment.
5. Click "Yes!" to answering a few more questions on the event sign-up form and apply for a $1,000 grant. The grant application deadline is Monday, November 3, 2014. Applicants who do not receive a grant but were among the first 150 sign-ups will receive the free kit.
6. Celebrate Take Your Family to School Week with hundreds of other PTAs across the country, February 16-20, 2015, and be featured on National PTA's interactive map and in promotion tools.
*If you are applying for a $1,000 grant, earn five bonus points for attending an informational webinar.
What's in the Take Your Family to School Week Kit?
Visit PTA.org/TYFTSW to preview kit contents by exploring tools provided in 2014. All PTAs are encouraged to celebrate PTA Take Your Family to School Week! National PTA will promote a master list of events and interactive map available at PTA.org/TYFTSW.
What are the requirements for the kit and grant recipients?
- Grant applicants and kit recipients must be PTAs in good standing with their state PTA, and be a 501(c)(3).
- 150 PTAs that receive the kit must host at least one PTA Take Your Family to School Week event and agree to complete a post-event survey.
- 50 PTAs that receive a kit and a $1,000 grant must host two PTA Take Your Family to School Week events and agree to complete a post-event survey.
Key Milestones and Dates
- Grant Info Webinar: Introduction to Take Your Family to School Week program and grant opportunity*
- Grant Application Deadline
- Monday, November 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. EDT
- Grant Recipients Notified
- Monday, December 1
- Take Your Family to School Week Kit Shipment
- Monday, December 1
- Take Your Family to School Week
- February 16-20, 2015
- Post-event Survey Due
- March 31, 2015
*Grant applicants receive 5 bonus points for attending one webinar.
Give the award of a lifetime. Give the National PTA Life Achievement Award—the highest honor from the nation’s largest child advocacy organization—to the person who daily lives out his or her commitment to children. Complete the Form or call (800) 307-4782 to submit your request.