National PTA Standards of Affiliation
The National PTA Standards of Affiliation is a policy of the National PTA Board of Directors that defines the relationship between the state constituent associations and National PTA, including what National PTA will provide to those associations. The policy sets the standards for a successful state constituent association; protects the National PTA name, identity, and brand; and ensures that all will be treated fairly and equally.
The SOA is in place to ensure state constituent associations align all communications and actions with National PTA’s vision, mission, values, and policies and to comply with applicable federal laws. In addition, state constituent associations shall support the current National PTA legislative and advocacy priorities and only take public positions which are consistent with adopted National PTA positions and resolutions. National PTA recognizes its responsibility to preserve the reputation and trust of the PTA brand through support of its constituent associations from local to state.
The policy includes these components:
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Standards of Affiliation Requirements chart
- Privileges of State Constituent Associations in Good Standing
- Procedures Regarding State Constituent Associations in Non-Compliance with the SOA
Provided below are various resources to support compliance with the policy and overall success.
- An Overview of the Revised Policy
- Supplemental Business Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions
- National PTA Vision, Mission and Values
- Advocacy Toolkit
- State SOA Status Report (Sample) Coming Soon
For actual samples of written procedures and policies, review the documents in the State Leader Resource Bank.
If you have further questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your state's National Service Representative (NSR).