Key Strategies for Specific Groups
The following pages contain information, resources and key strategies to enhance PTA’s inclusion of traditionally underrepresented children and families.
The National PTA website offers a wealth of resources to help. The following are some of the resources that National PTA has created to support engagement of all families:
- National Standards for Family-School Partnerships: Six key ways that parents, schools and communities can work together to support student success
- Parents’ Guides to Student Success: Information and activities to help your child in English language arts and mathematics at each grade
- Overcoming Obstacles to Parent Involvement: Seven common obstacles and what to do about them
- Building and Working with Communities: Interactive workshop with script, slides and exercises
- Three for Me: Materials and resources to help PTAs and parents find creative ways to volunteer at home, in school and in the community in support of student learning and positive school environments