National PTA Policies
A resource for policies, procedures and guidelines for the PTA national organization in addition to responsibilities and service requirements for national and state PTA leaders.
National PTA Standards of Affiliation—Updated December 2013
- An Introduction for Presidents and President-Elects
- Entitlements of PTA Affiliates in Good Standing
- Organization Standards of Affiliation
- Standards of Affiliation
- Procedures Regarding PTA Affiliates in Non-Compliance with SOAs
- SOA Reporting
- SOA Tracking at a Glance
- National PTA Diversity Policy and Plan Template
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Standards
- National PTA Mission
PTA welcomes into membership people representing a diversity of cultures, ethnic backgrounds, and political and religious beliefs. The purposes of the PTA acknowledge the importance of a spiritual life in the development of children and youth. As an association, PTA has the right to offer inspirational messages to open or close its meetings, but such messages by PTA leaders or invited religious leaders should be inspirational rather than sectarian, recognizing that in this pluralistic nation not all members share the same beliefs. Poetry, quotations from great men and women, uplifting anecdotes, and moments of quiet meditation can be used.