State PTA Reflections Library
Welcome to the State PTA Reflections Library, a portal for state PTA leaders to access Reflections template tools, learn about #ArtsEd resources and connect with arts in education advocates and experts.
Receive timely email updates, reminders and support from National PTA. We also invite you to network and share ideas on a future call. Just dial: 1-888-585-9008; 243-697-809, at the time of call scheduled below.
- 8:30 PM ET on Tuesday, Jan 17
- 8:30 PM ET on Tuesday, Feb 21
Calendar of National Events, Trainings & Deadlines
- Jan 9, 2017 Mary Lou Anderson Call for Applications
- Jan 10, 2017 National Art Exhibit Opening Ceremony at U.S. Dept. of Education
- Mar 1, 2017 National-Round Deadline for Reflections Student Entries
- Mar 17, 2017 Deadline for Mary Lou Anderson Grant Applications
- May 1, 2017 National Awards Announcement
PTA Registration and Reporting Success NEW!
- Download a current report here: PTA Reflections Report (1.5.17)
- Encourage PTAs to visit PTA.org/Reflections to register by Feb. 1 and report success by Mar. 1.
- You may use this report to recruit more Local PTA Reflections Chairs. Consider the following ideas contributed by fellow State PTA Chairs.
- Invite non-registered PTAs to host a program.
- Offer training in areas with low numbers of registrations.
- Ask registered leaders to visit a neighboring school to help them get started.
- Offer additional incentives for program leader involvement.
- Work with Council/District/Region Chairs to set recruitment goals
2017-18 Program Materials Coming March 1, 2017.
2016-17 Program Materials:
For State PTA Leaders not for distribution
- State PTA Leader's Guide
- State PTA Participation Form
- Theme Search Reviewer's Guide New!
- Template Training: Visual Art - 3D Expansion
- Sample Workshop: The Art of Family Engagement
- Past Conference Call Presentations:
- Welcome Presentation (Jul 2015)
- Building your Reflections Network (Aug 2015)
- Celebrating #ArtsEdWeek - Americans for the Arts (Sept 2015)
- Recruiting Members with Reflections (Oct 2015)
- Leveraging Media and More (Dec 2015)
- Managing & Advancing Student Entries Online (Jan 2016)
- Increasing the Reflections Budget (Feb 2016)
For PTA Leaders customize and distribute
- Local PTA Leader's Guide
- PTA Leader Online Instructions (.pdf)
- Local PTA Participation Form (Council, District, Region)
- PTA Leader Checklist
- Volunteer Sign-Up Sheet
- Tips for Program Promotion
- Themed Poster (.pdf, fillable .pdf) & Themed Image (.jpg,.png)
- Flyer for PTA & School Leaders (En Espanol, 2-Sided)
- Judging Guidelines (.pdf) & Score Card
- Reflections Celebration Guide
- Media Advisory & Press Release
- National Awards
- Student Certificate
- Thank-you Letter for Volunteers
- Program Evaluation
- Reflections 101 e-Learning on demand
- Reflections 101 Webinar Aug. 9, 8:00 PM EDT
- Reflections 101 Template Workshop
For Students customize and distribute
- Student Entry Form (.doc, .pdf, fillable .pdf) (En Espanol)
- Theme Search Entry Form & Past Themes (En Espanol)
- Official Rules (.pdf) (En Espanol) & Summary of Rules (.pdf, fillable .pdf) (En Espanol)
- Special Artist Division Rules (.pdf) (En Espanol)
- Dance Choreography Rules (.pdf) (En Espanol)
- Film Production Rules (.pdf) (En Espanol)
- Literature Rules (.pdf) (En Espanol)
- Music Composition Rules (.pdf) (En Espanol)
- Photography Rules (.pdf) (En Espanol)
- Visual Arts Rules (.pdf) (En Espanol)
- Optional: Consent Form (En Espanol)