PTA Publications Advertising Guidelines
Our Children accepts advertising according to the following guidelines:
- All advertisements are subject to approval of National PTA, publisher of Our Children, which reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement at any time for any reason.
- Advertising is separate from content. Advertisers and sponsors have no advance knowledge of specific editorial content, nor do the editors shape content to accommodate advertising. National PTA will not sell advertising for a specific product on the condition that it appear in the same location, and at the same time, as a specific article mentioning the product. Advertisers do not influence any editorial decisions or advertising guidelines.
- PTA’s advertising sales representatives have no control over specific editorial content before it is published.
- Use of the National PTA name or any trademark owned by National PTA is at the sole discretion of National PTA. National PTA will seek legal redress against any individual or entity using National PTA brand names and trademarks without written consent.
- Advertising copy must be factual and in good taste.
- Advertising should not conflict with the charitable and educational activities of National PTA.
- Advertising must be clearly distinguishable from editorial content.
- Advertising cannot conflict with National PTA policies or position statements.
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, gambling establishments, and firearms cannot be advertised.
- Advertising cannot market products or services directly to children.
- Advertising cannot suggest or imply that children should fundraise, and advertising cannot picture children fundraising. However, appropriate pictures of children may be used in advertising.
- Advertising cannot contain political or partisan messages or positions.
- Advertising cannot contain religious or sectarian messages or positions.
- Advertising cannot caricature or otherwise demean any particular race, language, religion, political view, or any symbol thereof.
- Acceptance of advertising does not indicate an endorsement by National PTA of the products or services promoted, the company, or the claims made.
- All advertisements are accepted and published by National PTA on the warranty of the agency and advertiser that both are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter of the advertisement.
- In consideration of publication of an advertisement, the advertiser and the agency, jointly and severally, agree to indemnify and hold harmless National PTA, its officers, agents and employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the advertisement, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of privacy, copyright infringement, or plagiarism.
- National PTA shall not be liable for any failure to publish any advertisement it accepts; however, National PTA shall use its reasonable efforts to place such advertisement in subsequent available space.
- All advertising contract position clauses are treated as requests. Since advertising inventory constantly changes, National PTA cannot guarantee fixed positioning.
- National PTA may change the terms set forth herein at any time, provided that no such change applies to advertisements whose closing date precedes the announcement of the change.
- In the event of nonpayment, National PTA reserves the right to hold advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for such monies as are due and payable to National PTA.
- National PTA will not be bound by any condition, printed or otherwise, appearing on any insertion order or copy instructions when such conditions conflict with the conditions set forth by National PTA itself.
- National PTA is not responsible for incidental or consequential damage for errors in displaying an advertisement.
- Advertising deemed competitive to National PTA’s current partners, sponsors, or member benefits providers may be rejected.
Please contact the Resource Development or Strategic Communications departments, (800) 307-4782.
Questions about advertising with PTA should be directed to (800) 440-0231.