Every Child in Focus—National Hispanic Heritage Month
In September, National PTA’s Every Child in Focus campaign centers on National Hispanic Heritage Month. Using the PTA National Standard for Family-School Partnerships, we will explore ways PTAs can welcome and support Hispanic families in the school community.
- Read our PTA One Voice Blog for PTA Success Stories and additional resources. You can also share your blog! We want to hear local and state PTA success stories on supporting student success through diversity and inclusion. Use our blog share tool to tell us your story.
- Share the Parents' Guides to Student Success in Spanish. These standards provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career.
- Find inspiration with Bright Spots: The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics.
View our weekly infographics for a visual snapshot of Hispanic children and families: Hispanic Heritage 101, The Faces of U.S. Public School Classrooms, 4 Facts About Hispanic Children in America's Public Schools.
- Harvard Family Research Project: Young Latino Infants and Families: Parental Involvement Implications from a Recent National Study
- National Association of the Education of Young Children: Family Engagement, Diverse Families, and Early Childhood Education Programs
- Abriendo Puertas: A School Readiness Program that Strengthens the Leadership and Advocacy Skills of Parents with Children Ages 0-5
- Pacer Center: Bilingual workshops, individual assistance and translated publications focusing on issues facing families
- National Council of La Raza: Preparing Young Latino Children for School Success: Best Practices in Family Engagement
- National Center for Family Literacy: En Camino Educational Toolkit for Families
- Fuel Up to Play 60: Access a FUTP60 Overview, two guides and a take-home letter template (en Español)
- MALDEF Parent School Partnership Program
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation: Key findings of a research report by HHF about Hispanic family engagement
About Every Child in Focus
National PTA’s Every Child in Focus is a campaign centered on strengthening family engagement in schools by celebrating important cultural distinctions and achievements, while highlighting solutions to potential educational issues.
Click image to enlarge (En Español)
Each month, National PTA will spotlight the educational issues surrounding a particular group, highlight their accomplishments and focus on ways to foster Family-School Partnerships. Follow our Every Child in Focus Calendar for materials to help families and PTAs learn more about each group.