School of Excellence Tools
Congratulations 2015-2016 Enrollee! You are on the path to becoming a National PTA School of Excellence. Use the step-by-step toolkit below to guide your PTA/PTSA and engage families in continuious improvements to your school. You will gather resources and tools, attend webinar trainings and notice important deadlines that will help you stay on your path to Excellence.
Step 1: Getting Started
- Watch this recorded webinar on Everything You Need to Know About School of Excellence.
- Review the Getting Started Guide (Espanol) and FAQ.
- Use this Agenda for School Administrator Meeting to garner support and begin planning.
- Share this PTA School of Excellence Flyer to recruit your Excellence Team.
Step 2: Survey Your School Community & Submit Results
- Watch this recorded webinar on how to Prepare Your Family-School Partnership Scan.
- Gather feedback using the Family Survey (Espanol) and School Leader Questionnaire.
- To adminster your survey online, follow these steps. First, login to your own google account and access our template: Family Survey (Espanol). Then, click "File" and select "Make a copy..."
- Review this Sample Family-School Partnership Scan.
- Submit your Family-School Partnership Scan (Passed Deadline)
Step 3: Receive a Roadmap to Excellence
- Receive a customized Roadmap to Excellence containing recommendations that respond to your specific results from the Family-School Partnership Scan.
- Set a shared goal and objective:
- Increase PTA's resources using this Resource Request Letter.
- Consider the following to promote events and activities:
- Thank volunteers and sponsors for their support:
Step 4: Complete Your Final Application
- Attend Webinar April 5, 7PM ET: Prepare Your Final School of Excellence Application
- Deadline June 1: Submit your final School of Excellence application.
Step 5: Celebrate Your Excellence!
- Award recipients will receive a toolkit to support celebration activities and automatically qualify for PTA's highest honor, the Phoebe Apperson Hearst Award.
- Visit the PTA store for more celebration items.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 307-4782.