2016-17 School of Excellence Tools
Congratulations 2016-2017 Enrollee! You are on the path to becoming a National PTA School of Excellence. Use the step-by-step toolkit below to guide your PTA/PTSA and engage families in continuious improvements to your school. You will gather resources and tools, attend webinar trainings and notice important deadlines that will help you stay on your path to Excellence.
Step 1: Getting Started
- Attend the webinar: Everything You Need to Know About School of Excellence (Sept).
- Review the Getting Started Guide (En Espanol) and FAQ.
- Use this Agenda for School Administrator Meeting to garner support and begin planning.
- Share this PTA School of Excellence Flyer to recruit your Excellence Team.
Step 2: Survey Your School Community & Submit Results
- Attend the webinar: Prepare Your Family-School Partnership Scan (Oct).
- Gather feedback using the Family Survey (Espanol) and School Leader Questionnaire.
- To adminster your survey online, follow these instructions for making a copy of the template family survey using GoogeForms. First, login to your own google account and access our template: Family Survey (Espanol). Then, click "File" and select "Make a copy..."
- Review this Sample Family-School Partnership Scan.
- Deadline Nov. 1: Submit your Family-School Partnership Scan
Step 3: Receive a Roadmap to Excellence
- Attend the webinar: Develop Your Action Plan (Nov).
- Receive a customized Roadmap to Excellence containing recommendations that respond to your specific results from the Family-School Partnership Scan.
- Set a shared goal and objective and use this template action plan to help you prioritize projects, assign roles and set deadlines.
Step 4: Complete Your Final Application
- Attend the webinar: Prepare Your Final School of Excellence Application (April).
- Deadline June 1: Submit your final School of Excellence application.
Step 5: Celebrate Your Excellence!
- Award recipients will receive a toolkit to support celebration activities and automatically qualify for PTA's highest honor, the Phoebe Apperson Hearst Award.
- Visit the PTA store for more celebration items.
Email email@example.com or (800) 307-4782.