PTA Take Your Family to School Week®
February 17-21, 2014
National PTA's Take Your Family to School Week is a program encouraging strong family engagement and the importance of partnerships among parents, teachers, and school administrators. For the 2013-2014 academic school year, Take Your Family to School Week will incorporate the theme, Supporting Student Success, which will address the risks associated with a huge problem for our nation's youth: dropping out of high school.
Take Your Family to School Week Toolkit
National PTA has created a downloadable Take Your Family to School Week Toolkit with everything you need to make your 2014 programming a success. Materials in Spanish will be availale soon.
Register for a Toolkit Demonstration Webinar
- Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. EST/11:00 a.m. PST
- Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. EST/4:00 p.m. PST
Step 1: Read the Complete Program Guide
Step 2: Explore PTA's New Event Tools
- Supporting Student Success Workshop Guide
- Template Workshop Presentation (Coming Soon)
- Take-home Parents' Guides to Student Success
- Literacy and Math Event Guide
- Bullying Prevention Event Guide
- Reflections Celebration Event Guide
- Creative Career Fair Event Guide
- Multicultural Event Guide
Step 3: Promote Your Events Using PTA's Template Tools
- Take Your Family to School Week Program Flyer/Poster
- Invitation Letter to Families
- Donation Request Letter
- Media Advisory
- News Release
- Photo Release
- Social Media Messaging
- Program Announcements
- Four themed posters for year-round displays:
- Family Engagement Tips for Teachers (Coming Soon)
- Bullying Prevention
- Healthy Lifestyles (Coming Soon)
- Arts Participation Through PTA's Reflections (Coming Soon)
Step 4: Celebrate Take Your Family to School Week and Recognize the Keys to Success
- Thank-you Letter for Volunteers
- Thank-you Letter for Sponsors
- Tell National PTA How it Went!
- Fill out a simple online evaluation form to be featured in national program promotions and inform future program materials. All Take Your Family to School Week Grant recipients must complete this by March 31, 2014.
Take Your Family to School Week Winner Recognition
Email email@example.com or call (800)307-4782.