Front Desk Receptionist
National PTA is seeking an experienced Staff Assistant/Receptionist that understands the critical role of being face and voice of our organization. We are looking for someone with a professional presence, good phone voice, at least 1 year of non-profit front desk and/or administrative assistant experience handling multiple phone lines, working with Microsoft office products, maintaining meeting room calendars, meeting room preparation, distributing mail, assisting vendors, managing walk-ins, opening and closing procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and registers walk-ins and guests of the national headquarters office and maintains guest log. Announces each visitor to appropriate staff member upon arrival.
- Responsible for receiving, signing for and notifying appropriate staff of receipt of mail, faxes, packages and special deliveries.
- Maintains daily staff sign-in sheet; keeps the sheet updated with daily staff schedules.
- Acts as back-up, roll-over number for the Information Center department; screens calls to determine the nature of the inquiry and forwards the call to the appropriate staff member. Provides answers to questions, when possible.
- Monitors and reports internal telephone equipment problems to supervisor.
- Assists the Human Resources Department by receiving job applicants, distributing application forms and announcing their readiness for an interview. This material is treated in a highly confidential manner.
- Assists with mailings and production related tasks, which may include opening, sorting and processing mail, collating, folding, stuffing, stamping and labeling materials.
- Assists the finance department with credit card receipts and reconciliations.
- Performs word processing, typing, proofreading, check-in of library materials, and miscellaneous assignments in support of other workgroups and functions.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication, listening and interpersonal skills with an extremely pleasant phone persona are necessary to work effectively with the public, membership and staff.
- Ability to operate a multiple extension phone system is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs required, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Accurate typing speed of 45 wpm is needed.
- Must have good organizational skills, be able to multi-task, adapting to changing priorities and projects, and the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in all PTA competencies is needed.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of previous office experience preferably as a receptionist or general office worker is required.
National PTA offers a competitive salary, benefits, retirement plan and free parking. To apply, email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@pta.org. Cover letters without salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls, please.