2016 National PTA Federal Public Policy Agenda
· PDFs · Webinar · Policy Issue Briefs ·
The 2016 Public Policy Agenda features the following policy areas:
- Elementary and Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Federal Investments in Education
- Early Learning and Childhood Education
- Child Health and Safety
- Gun Safety and Violence Prevention
- Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Education Technology and Student Data Privacy
- Postsecondary Access and Opportunity
A Webinar detailing each section of the agenda is also available.
National PTA's annual public policy agenda outlines policy priorities and recommendations for Congress. The priorities are selected based on the:
- Timeliness of issue (what is being considered before Congress and the Administration).
- Opportunities for National PTA to provide leadership and expertise to Congress, alignment to National PTA’s mission and resolution.
- Ability to achieve a meaningful policy change that will produce positive results for children and their families.
National PTA has prepared issue briefs meant to educate PTA members about existing laws and their impact on PTA legislative priorities in the areas of family engagement, ESEA-NCLB, Special Education, Child Health and Nutrition and Juvenile Justice.