2014 National PTA Federal Public Policy Agenda
· PDFs · Webinars · Policy Issue Briefs ·
The 2014 Public Policy Agenda features four key policy areas:
- Child Health and Nutrition
- School Safety
- Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
Webinars detailing each section of the agenda are also available.
National PTA's annual public policy agenda outlines policy priorities and recommendations for Congress. The priorities are selected based on the:
- Timeliness of issue (what is being considered before Congress and the Administration).
- Opportunities for National PTA to provide leadership and expertise to Congress, alignment to National PTA’s mission and resolution.
- Ability to achieve a meaningful policy change that will produce positive results for children and their families. You can also view our Policy Issue Briefs for more information.
National PTA has prepared issue briefs meant to educate PTA members about existing laws and their impact on PTA legislative priorities in the areas of family engagement, ESEA-NCLB, Special Education, Child Health and Nutrition, and Juvenile Justice.