Manager, Database Marketing
National PTA, the nation’s largest child advocacy association, currently has an opening for a Database Marketing Manager in our national headquarters office located in Alexandria, VA. In this newly created position, reporting to the Director of Database Operations, the Database Marketing Manager will provide support and expertise to internal and external customers in their use of the CRM/database. This position will review, analyze and manage inquiries from staff and volunteer leadership, resolve inquiries and issues, implement solutions and build out our knowledgebase of cases for quicker resolution of future cases. Additional responsibilities include data hygiene, documenting business process flows and business requirements, preparing and conducting ad hoc training and provide post-implementation support. The Database Marketing Manager will also coordinate and/or conduct research activities that provide data, including market research, to support and enhance decision-making, strategic planning, outcomes assessment, and external reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Data Management, Architecture Development and Marketing Analysis
- Extracts, manipulates, analyzes available data to identify creative solutions to membership marketing-related problems
- Manages data; prepares and maintains data files; verifies data to ensure data integrity and creates reports for internal and external stakeholders for membership/marketing initiatives
- Provides support for market research including focus groups and surveys
- Works with the Director of Database Operations to develop specifications for new data collection
- Develops, tests, and revises standard operating procedures for the database.
- Works with senior leadership on the design and management of all annual and ongoing membership and marketing data collection systems/efforts
- Serves as technical liaison with outside organizations with which National PTA has electronic data transmissions/exchanges
Process Improvement, Trouble Shooting, and Training
- Monitors the condition of shared association data to ensure adherence to standards and conduct analyses to determine areas of non-compliance, opportunities for process improvement, and individual staff education
- Develops and implements processes for linking and analyzing data from a variety of internal and external sources; apply statistical techniques to analyze and report
- Acquires, manipulates, develops, and maintains data sets, verifying accuracy and consistency over time; writes documentation for programs and operations
- Designs and develops standardized operational, management, and ad hoc reports; prepare reports fulfilling the requirements of business units within National PTA, and work with internal and external stakeholders to understand reporting needs
- Serves as interdepartmental staff liaison and resource in the areas of data management and reporting
Business Operations, General Functions & Duties
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-7 years related experience
- Strong curiosity about data trends and information and how it can inform membership/marketing decisions for retention, acquisition and engagement
- Driven to provide excellent customer service and the ability to build internal and external relationships that facilitate organizational goals and objectives
- Knowledge of data gathering methodology and data input, management communications, and analysis
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics and Microsoft Office programs including intermediate to advanced level usage of Access and Excel
- Knowledge of statistical software desirable
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interpret departmental needs into effective database requirements
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with volunteers in leadership roles.
- Experience with an enterprise-wide database systems (knowledge of Microsoft CRM a plus)
- Experience performing and/or coordinating data loads and extracts
- Ability to understand the data needs of users, translate to and from lay terms and produce reports
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, use technology to improve workflow and work productively in a collaborative environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in information management, computer science, marketing analytics or other relevant discipline, or equivalent visual design and management experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience in database management and administration
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional demeanor and effective interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency in latest desktop publishing, graphics and web publishing software
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead teams in a collaborative effort to project completion
- Proven ability to prioritize, execute, and delegate project tasks; conform to shifting priorities; and mentor team members and co-workers as appropriate
- Ability to build support for projects from decision makers where needed/appropriate
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic CRM is desired
- Experience with data migration from Personify to Protech
- Experience with affiliate or chapter-based organizations
- Work is performed in a professional office environment; general office hours are 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Position may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends for special programs and/or events
- Incumbents routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- This is a largely sedentary role. Routine activities and special events may require the ability to lift files, packages and related materials weighing up to 20 lbs and to bend or stand as necessary.
- Position requires ≤ 10% travel domestically
- Integrity & Respect
- Job Excellence
- Managing & Developing Others
- Desire to Serve
To apply for this position, submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org please label the Subject: Database Marketing Manager. Applicants must submit all requirements to be considered for the vacancy.
EEO/AA/Disabled/Protected Veteran Employer. NPTA offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which NPTA has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applicants will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, NPTA provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.