Corporate Alliances Specialist
The nation's largest child advocacy association, National PTA, currently has an opening for a Corporate Alliances Specialist located in Alexandria, Va. The Corporate Alliances Specialist is responsible for supporting National PTA in the area of resource development with a focus on transactional business (advertising and exhibit sales) and reports to the Resource Development & Corporate Alliances Manager.
The specialist leads the effort to cultivate new transactional business, maintain and upsell certain existing lines of business (mainly advertising and exhibits), and works with others as appropriate to ensure that the expectations and obligations are met for all corporate sales contracts. This position directly supports National PTA’s strategic goal to increase non-dues revenue and the specialist is expected to contribute meaningfully to the department’s annual revenue targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are illustrative and not inclusive and may vary with individual assignments.
- Generates exhibit sales and is the main staff support assigned to the exhibitors for the National PTA Convention and other PTA events
- Leads exhibition logistics at convention; provides sponsor support as assigned
- Teams with various departments and outside contractors on convention planning
- Generates advertising sales for all PTA publications and digital assets and is the main staff support assigned to advertisers
- Responsible for ad trafficking and related fulfillment which includes: ensuring advertisers have adequate information to prepare and submit ad materials by published deadlines; collecting ad materials and routing to the appropriate individual for placement; checking to ensure ad materials are compliant with NPTA standards, are placed correctly, and run for the appropriate duration; collecting tear sheets or screen grabs and metrics—open rate, click-through rate, distribution rate, etc.—for timely reporting to advertisers post-publication; coordinating billing with accounting department; and mailing produced publications with invoices and thank-you letters to all advertisers.
- Identifies prospects and maintains prospecting database (through research and monitoring of the field, competitive analysis, cold calling, list acquisition, and other discovery methods), cultivates leads, and nurtures relationships with corporations not currently doing business with National PTA—as well as existing PTA accounts when assigned
- Drafts proposals, letters of inquiry, and prepares customized sales materials, as well as produces fulfillment reports
- Tracks contractual obligations of advertisers and exhibitors (and sponsors as assigned) and collaborates with various departments to ensure that all contractual obligations are met on time and satisfactorily
- Monitors and coordinates accounting/billing activities related to advertising and exhibits (and sponsors as assigned) with the appropriate internal staff, and prepares internal reports for management
- Represents Resource Development on internal planning committees and working groups for various projects, including events, programs, and communication initiatives
- Liaises with media representatives on digital and print advertising in all media assets, including magazine, website and e-Newsletters. Tracks all accounting and delivery of advertising material.
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality of both existing accounts and prospect account information
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of meeting and event planning principles, requirements and procedures is needed.
- Requires an outgoing and poised individual that can work well with National PTA staff, board volunteers and leadership, as well as potential corporate contributors.
- Must possess the ability to work independently while keeping supervisor apprised of opportunities, issues, problems and progress.
- Working knowledge of computers, preferably in a PC, windows based operating environment. Mastery of MS Office is required (in particular: Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Previous experience with a2z and Personify is extremely helpful.
- Proficiency in all PTA competencies is needed.
- Willingness to travel is required, including overnight and weekend travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in association sales, fundraising, corporate relations, convention expo logistics, and/or account management is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with the PTA (at any level, including as a member or volunteer) is tremendously valuable for this position.
FLSA Status: Exempt. National PTA offers competitive salary, medical, dental, life, LTD, 403 (b), transportation benefit, flexible spending accounts, EAP, paid vacation, sick, holiday and personal days. ONLY resumes including salary requirements will be considered. Send resume and salary requirements to HR@pta.org. Cover letters without salary requirements will not be considered. EOE. No phone calls, please. For information on National PTA, please visit our website: www.pta.org.