Web Content Intern
The nation's largest child advocacy association, National PTA, currently has an opening for a Web Content Intern in Alexandria, Virginia. The Web Content Intern will work with the Website Content Manager to update and optimize content on PTA.org. The ideal candidate will be a student or recent graduate who is available 20 or more hours per week and have a strong interest in web content management, web design and digital communications. This is an opportunity for you to learn how large organizations do content management and learn the technologies used to manage a professional website.
- Update content in the PTA.org content management system, ensuring it meets National PTA standards and overall brand. Includes creating new web pages/sections, editing existing pages and ensuring the site content is current and informative.
- Write SEO optimized copy, including keywords, descriptions and website copy.
- Assist in reviewing and publishing content changes, submitted by staff CMS users. Includes help in troubleshooting and solving any issues.
- Help develop and monitor AdWords campaigns
- Compile monthly web metrics reports—using Google Analytics—for PTA.org and targeted program and resource content.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Experience with a PC-platform computer, with competency in Microsoft Office is required
Other desirable skills
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as Drupal, Joomla, Word Press
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and InDesign would be helpful
- Some knowledge of SEO is ideal, but not required
- Some experience with HTML/CSS coding
- Some knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Google AdWords is ideal, but not required
- Familiarity with AP Style is ideal