The nation's largest child advocacy association, National PTA, currently has an opening for a Web Developer located in Alexandria, Virginia. The Web developer will working closely with the IT department to maintain and develop new web-based solutions.
General Scope of Duties
This position will be the primary resource used to maintain our existing newly redesigned main web presence and will also be heavily involved in creation and deployment of a new internal Sharepoint solution. This individual will also be heavily integrated with the IT department and occasionally leveraged to assist with internal AMS system, network and server related troubleshooting.
Must have experience with the following technologies:
- Also prefer experience in Adobe Photoshop and basic web based graphic design.
- Windows Server Administration
- IIS, Apache Web Server Administration
- Sharepoint Server Design, Deployment and Maintenance
- Web Matrix and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Strong sense of web design and the fundamentals of user and visual experience
- Experience with media distribution
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Development, Integration and Maintenance
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Personify and CMSPlus experience a plus
Education and Experience
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
- 3-5 years’ experience as Web Developer
National PTA offers competitive salary, medical, dental, life, LTD, 403 (b), transportation benefit, flexible spending accounts, EAP, paid vacation, sick, holiday and personal days. ONLY resumes including salary requirements will be considered. Send resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources, National PTA, 1250 N. Pitt St., Alexandria, VA 22314, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE. No phone calls, please. For information on National PTA, please visit our website: www.pta.org.