2013 Slate of Nominees
The Nominating and Leadership Development Committee (NLDC) met on November 9, 2012 and January 11-13, 2013 to consider individuals for president-elect, secretary-treasurer, eight member representatives to the National PTA Board of Directors, each for a two-year term; and three members to the Nominating and Leadership Development Committee, each for a three-year term.
The committee would like to thank all the dedicated PTA volunteers who submitted a Letter of Intent. There were many qualified, passionate leaders to choose from and the decisions were difficult. We appreciate your time and willingness to serve. If you wish to submit a Letter of Intent to run from the floor at the board meeting at Convention this June, view our instruction packet here. Read the NLDC brochure for more information.
The committee reports the following nominees for election at the 2013 national convention:
- Laura Bay – Washington (Read bio)
- Tina Zubeck – Missouri (Read bio)
Board of Directors—Member Representative (8)
- James Accomando – Connecticut (Read bio)
- Wayne Bauman – Iowa (Read bio)
- Nancy Cox – Florida (Read bio)
- Mary Kenfield – Washington (Read bio)
- Anna King – Oklahoma (Read bio)
- Katherine (Kathy) Nevans – Missouri (Read bio)
- Shannon Sevier – European Congress (Read bio)
- Sophia Waugh – California (Read bio)
Nominating and Leadership Development Committee—Member (3)
- Anne Carson – Virginia (Read bio)
- Angi Gonzales Carver – New Mexico (Read bio)
- Bill Potts-Datema – Georgia (Read Bio)
We urge you to give the above names wide publicity in your states so that members know about the nominees.