Editorial and Marketing Specialist
National PTA is the nation’s largest child advocacy association. We are a nonprofit organization comprised of millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of parent involvement in schools. PTA prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education.
We are searching for an Editorial and Marketing Specialist who wants to join a collaborative and dynamic team of talented professionals who are passionate about supporting education.
The Editorial Specialist reports to the Senior Editorial and Digital Manager and will be responsible for writing and editing engaging content for the association’s magazine, blog, e-newsletters, as well as for supporting the development of promotional collateral for various programs and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties are illustrative and not inclusive and may vary with individual assignments.
- Write and edit articles, blogs, press releases, speeches, as well as promotional and other material for various programs and initiatives
- Support the content management for Our Children Magazine
- Write, layout and edit e-newsletters and e-blasts
- Manage and support related projects, including production schedules and deadlines
- Support the development and editing of event-related runs of show
- Collaborate with department contributors and external industry experts on content
- Research and fact-check historical context, statistics, quotes, anecdotes and other information to ensure the accuracy of content
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills for editorial, marketing and public relations content
- Solid substantive editing skills with a keen attention to detail
- Knowledge with email marketing systems such as Real Magnet and content management systems such as WordPress
- Proficient in AP writing style
- Able to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiar with education, wellness, parenting and/or advocacy-related terminology and concepts
- Excellent organization, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated; strives for flawless execution and researches new techniques
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, media relations or related field is required
- Minimum three years of professional experience as a writer and editor
- Experience with working in an association or nonprofit environment and interacting with volunteer leaders
National PTA offers competitive salary, medical, dental, life, LTD, 403(b), transportation benefit, flexible spending accounts, EAP, paid vacation, sick, holiday and personal days. ONLY resumes including salary requirements will be considered.
Send resume, salary requirements and writing samples to HR@pta.org. Cover letters without salary requirements will not be considered. EOE. No phone calls, please. For info about National PTA, visit PTA.org.