National PTA Policies
A resource for policies, procedures and guidelines for the PTA national organization in addition to responsibilities and service requirements for national and state PTA leaders.
- National PTA Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- National PTA Standards of Affiliation Policy Revised July 2016
- National PTA Mission (.pdf)
- Guidelines on Board Member Involvement in Political Activity (.doc)
- Board of Directors Statement of Understanding (Contract) (.doc)
PTA welcomes into membership people representing a diversity of cultures, ethnic backgrounds, and political and religious beliefs. The purposes of the PTA acknowledge the importance of a spiritual life in the development of children and youth. As an association, PTA has the right to offer inspirational messages to open or close its meetings, but such messages by PTA leaders or invited religious leaders should be inspirational rather than sectarian, recognizing that in this pluralistic nation not all members share the same beliefs. Poetry, quotations from great men and women, uplifting anecdotes, and moments of quiet meditation can be used.