National PTA School of Excellence
National PTA School of Excellence is a recognition program that supports and celebrates partnerships between PTAs and schools to enrich the educational experience and overall well-being for all students.
Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year now open!
What Does it Take to Become a National PTA School of Excellence?
By enrolling in this program, your PTA and school administrators are making a year-long commitment in identifying and implementing an action plan for school improvement based on PTA's National Standards for Family-School Partnerships.
To accomplish this, you will:
- Administer National PTA's baseline, pre-survey to your school community and submit the results
- Analyze survey findings to create an action plan
- Receive customized tools, resources and training from National PTA to assist in your efforts
- Administer National PTA's post-survey to your school community
- Submit a final application including your post-survey results and a narrative
Schools that exhibit improvement are honored as National PTA Schools of Excellence, a distinction that spans two years.
Honorees receive celebration tools well as automatic consideration for the Phoebe Apperson Hearst award of $2000 for their schools.
After two years, schools are able and encouraged to renew their designation.
National School of Excellence Award Recipients
Read success stories from past recipients in the 2016 School of Excellence Report.